Software Engineering Associates, Inc.
14221 Sunbury St., Livonia, MI 48154
tel: 734-421-8505 fax: 734-421-8505
February, 1985 - to date, Owner - Operator, Software Engineering Associates,
Consultant, system integrator, and software developer in the following areas.
- Client server application development.
- Industrial real-time test, control, and data acquisition.
- Vibration analysis.
- Communications software.
- Systems software.
- pSOS+ board support packages and device drivers for M68K based VMEbus SBCs.
- Statistical Process Control.
- Aftermarket vehicle test tools.
Most recent work has been in the field of wholesale client server application development;
automotive drive train and end-of-line testing, control, and data acquisition systems, as well
as aftermarket test tools, including automotive transmission test stand control and vibration
analysis, wheel alignment, and ABS brake testing.
- PC : NT 4.0, VC++, Java, Sybase sql, RogueWave Libraries, VisiBroker, Tuxedo, PVCS
- Hitachi HD6301/6303 series: assembler
- VXI - HP V743: HP-UX, LMS Cada-X UPA, C/C++
- VMEbus - PowerPC MVME2604: pSOS+, SingleStep, DIAB C/C++
- VMEbus - M68K: pSOS+, pROBE+, XRAY+, C, Assembler
- VMEbus - PC compatible SBCs: Unix, C/C++, NT, VC++
- PC : MS-DOS, RTKernel, PASCAL, C, C++
- PDP-11: RT-11, Micro-RSX, FORTRAN, PASCAL, Assembler
- Various VMEbus I/O and motion control cards and components
- TRS fiber-optic Fieldbus communication controllers (VME and PC)
- VMEbus versions of Allen - Bradley PLCs (5/15 and 5/40) and remote I/O
- GreenSpring IPs
- IEEE-488 (GP-IB)
- J1850 devices
April, 1982 - January, 1985, Senior Systems Analyst, General Motors Assembly
- In-house technical consulting.
- Maintenance of RSX-11 and VAX VMS systems.
- Design and development of new systems for industrial applications.
Software developed included RSX-11 BSC communication driver, the system
to upload and download programmable devices and to maintain a library of
programs for these devices, and the communication system for file transfer
between PDP-11 running RSX-11 and IBM network. Conducted a feasibility
study for fault-tolerant processing in a VAX cluster environment.
- PDP-11 / RSX-11/M/S, Micro-RSX / FORTRAN, PASCAL, PL/1, MACRO-11
- VAX / VMS / FORTAN, Assembler
- M68K / Exormax / PASCAL, Assembler
- IBM S/1 / EDX/EDL, BSC
May, 1977 - April, 1982, Senior System Analyst/Project Leader, System Associates,
Inc. (later Cimlinc, Inc.), 1957 Crooks Rd., Troy, MI 48084.
- Specification, design, implementation, and installation of various industrial
- Customer contact throughout the project life-cycle.
- Management of a team of programmers and support personnel.
Developed applications included Time and Attendance, AS/RS, Conveyor Control,
Data Acquisition, Inventory Control, and Communications. Operating System
level software developed included I/O and communication drivers and a general
purpose high speed file management system for material handling/inventory
- PDP-11 / RT-11, RSX-11/M/S, Micro-RSX / FORTRAN, MACRO-11
- PRIME 300 - 750 / PRIMOS / FORTRAN, Assembler
- GA-440 / FORTRAN, Assembler.
- Unix (BSD and System V, HP-UX, Linux)
- C and C++
- Assemblers (M68K, PDP-11, PRIME, VAX)
- TRS Fieldbus
- IEEE-488 (GP-IB)
M. S. in Mathematics, St. Petersburg State University, Russia, July, 1975.
Back to the SEA home page
This page was last updated February 15, 2012.